The costs of downtime to large manufacturing and industrial organizations have skyrocketed since 2020, the latest True Cost of Donwtime 2022 Report reveals. As the report indicates, in the manufacturing industry alone, unplanned downtime costs manufacturers at least 50% more today than it did in the period 2019-20, due to inflation and production lines running at higher capacity. The estimates are that unplanned downtime will cost Fortune Global 500 industrial companies a staggering $1.5trn this year, or around 11% of their annual revenues.
Many companies continue to struggle to obtain maintenance programs for their equipment. Effective maintenance programs reduce downtime, extend equipment life, and minimize repair time when equipment failures do occur.
Implementing a conveyor maintenance program offers a range of benefits that can positively impact the efficiency, safety, and overall performance of a conveyor system within a facility. Some key benefits include:
1. Extended Conveyor Lifespan: Regular maintenance helps identify and address issues early, preventing minor problems from escalating into major breakdowns. This extends the overall lifespan of the conveyor system, reducing the need for frequent replacements.
2. Reduce Downtime: Planned maintenance minimizes unexpected downtime due to breakdowns. This leads to increased production uptime, improved operational efficiency, and better utilization of resources.
3. Enhanced Safety: a well-maintained conveyor system is safer for workers and reduces the risk of accidents or injuries caused by faulty equipment. Regular maintenance ensures that safety features like emergency stop buttons and guards are functioning and secured properly.
4. Optimized Performance: Regular maintenance keeps the conveyor system running at its optimal performance level. This leads to consistent product quality, reduced product damage, and improved throughput.
5. Cost Savings: Preventive maintenances programs are typically more cost effective than reactive repairs. Addressing issues before they become major problems can save on repair costs, replacement parts, and the expenses associated with unplanned downtime.
6. Improved Efficiency: A conveyor system that is well-maintained operates smoothly and efficiently. This helps streamline the workflow, reduce bottlenecks, and increase overall productivity.
7. Lower Energy Consumption: Regular maintenance can include checks on motors, belts, and other components that impact energy efficiency. A well-maintained conveyor system operates more efficiently and consumes less energy.
8. Predictive maintenance: A comprehensive maintenance program can incorporate predictive maintenance techniques, such as using sensors and data analytics to predict when components are likely to fail. This allows for more targeted maintenance interventions.
9. Improved Record Keeping: A maintenance program typically involves keeping detailed records of maintenance activities, repairs, and replacements. These records can provide valuable insights over time, helping you make informed decisions about future upgrades or replacements.
In conclusion, a well-designed conveyor maintenance program offers numerous benefits that contribute to increased efficiency, safety, and cost savings. It’s an investment that pays off in terms of improved overall operation and reduced risks. Contact us today, to learn how we can help your business run smoothly with our comprehensive Maintenance Program.